Area residents are asked to team up with the students at Hal Peterson Middle School as they continue to fight hunger in Kerr County.
Area business owners can choose to either place a box at their business for customers and employees to donate, or they can choose to make a monetary donation.
Donations can be dropped off or mailed to Hal Peterson Middle School prior to the event, or brought to Antler Stadium on Friday, Sept. 19.
Items are being collected at Antler Stadium on Friday, Sept. 19 from 4-7 p.m.
Items needed include the following:
• Canned Soups - Chicken Noodle, Tomato, etc.;
• Ramen Noodles;
• Canned Vegetables - Corn, Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Mixed Vegetables, Black Eye Peas, etc.;
• Canned Fruit - Peaches, Pears, Apple Sauce, Mixed Fruit, etc.;
• Boxed Cereal;
• Peanut Butter and/or Jelly - Please, no glass bottles;
• Can Meats - Chicken, Tuna, Beef Stew, Ravioli, Spaghetti, etc.;
• Rice and/or Pinto Beans - in small boxes or 1-pound bags;
• Pasta - Macaroni and Cheese, Noodles, Spaghetti, etc.;
• Spaghettio’s (canned);
• Tomato Sauces - including Spaghetti Sauces (Please, no glass bottles);
• 2 lb. plastic bags (ziplock);
“Somebody’s plate is empty. You can help,” organizers said.