The Friends of the Library recently made a $25,000 donation to the Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library.
The money will help fund the library’s large print collection and the Summer Reading Program and performers.
The goal of the Friends of the Library is to promote and assist the library in achieving its mission. To accomplish this purpose, the Friends endeavor to:
• Establish closer relationships between the Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library and the residents of Kerrville and Kerr County;
• Promote knowledge of and informed interest in the functions, resources, services, and needs of the library;
• Stimulate benefactions to the library, especially collections of literary, historical, or documents relative to Kerrville and Kerr County;
• Lead in the development of programs for the extension and improvement of the library’s services and resources;
• Provide monetary funds, when same cannot be provided by government, in order that the library may more fully accomplish its mission of service.
Each year the Friends raise money through the Friends of the Library book sales, donations, and membership dues to fund the Summer Reading Program, the Large Print Collection, and the Audiobook Collection at the library.
The Friends of the Library Book Store is open every Wednesday from 1-3 p.m. and the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information about the Butt-Holdsworth Library, contact the library reference desk at (830) 258-1274 or visit the city’s website at www.kerrvilletx.gov.