The City of Kerrville Public Works, Solid Waste Division would like to remind citizens about their free bulk waste drop-off voucher for this quarter. The voucher is intended for residents that have an active account for solid waste services.
Eligible residents will be issued one voucher to be used one time from January through March 31, 2020. Residents are able to discard unwanted appliances such as washers, dryers, water heaters, and other miscellaneous furniture. Refrigerators, freezers and A/C units are allowed only if the refrigerant has been reclaimed and the unit has been tagged by a licensed technician. Bagged trash, as well as brush and yard waste, is also allowed to be dropped off at the landfill with the voucher.
Following are some guidelines for vouchers:
• Vouchers are available for pickup Monday thru Friday at City Hall, 701 Main St.
• Please bring proper identification, such as a valid ID, and/or utility invoice.
• Vouchers are valid for one trip to the Landfill/Transfer Station.
• Residents are allowed one voucher per household.
• Vouchers expire Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
• Landfill/Transfer Station Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.
& Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• All items transported must be covered and/or secured during transportation.
• For any loads larger than a utility trailer, please call ahead for approval.
• Household paints, chemicals, and other hazardous items
• New or used motor oil
• Construction material
The Solid Waste Division encourages citizens to reach out to neighbors who may need assistance. This promotes engagement and stewardship within your neighborhood. However, it is very important that the guidelines mentioned above are followed.
For more information about any of the city’s solid waste services, please contact the City of Kerrville Public Works Department at (830) 258-1221.